2018 Aransas Bay Rookery Photo Tour / Workshop
Session 1 - April 24-25, 2018 - 4 Spots Available
Session 2 - April 27-28, 2018 - 3 Spots Available
Rookery Island in Aransas Bay is loaded with mating and nesting birds during the spring and early summer months. Here we will photograph Great Blue Herons, Little Blue, Egrets, Roseate Spoonbills, and many other species. Birds will be courting so their plummage is at is best!!!
We will photograph from Capt. Kevin Sims wonderful boat the "Jack Flash". Capt. Kevin has been leading nature photographers in the Aransas Bay for many years. He will position his boat at a perfect location so we will have a great vantage point from any of the three decks on the boat. Boat charter usually last 4-5 hours so we will be back in Rockport by no later than 1:00pm.
In the afternoons we will visit photography hotspots in the Rockport/Fulton area to photograph a variety of shorebirds and scenics in the late afternoon light and we are adding an on Saturday afternoon we are adding a third session with Capt. Kevin Sims on the Jack Flash to photograph dolphins and the sunset around the beautiful Port Aransas lighthouse. We will have great opportunities for fantastic sunset scenics by the bay.
- Cost of Photo Tour / Workshop - $1150.00 per photographer.
- 4 photographers maximum
- Session 1 - April 24-25, 2018 - 4 Spots Available
- Session 2 - April 27-28, 2018 - 3 Spots Available
- Cost of Boat Charter for the two morning shoots and one afternoon shoot.
- All photographic instruction and guidance.
- Drinking water while photographing.
- All applicable taxes.
Does not include:
- Transportation to and from Rockport/Fulton TX.
- Hotel Accomodations.
- Gratuities for boat captain.
Deposit can be paid via PAYPAL (plus 3% fees) by clicking here:
or by mailing a U.S. Check or Money Order Payable to:
Hector D. Astorga
2510 Dove Avenue
Mission, TX 78574
Deposits & Cancellation Policy:
- A $500 deposit is required at the time of enrollment with full payment due by February 15, 2018.
- Deposit and tuition fees are non-refundable.
- If the photo workshop is full and someone from the waiting list can take your spot, your tuition is fully refundable minus a 15% cancellation fee.
- We are not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other reasons.
- Should cancellation be required due to severe weather, an alternate date will be scheduled at no additional charges.
- No fees will be refunded if you withdraw after the photo workshop begins.
- We are not responsible for any fees associated with non-refundable air travel, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.