Fall 2018 - South Texas Birds & Wildlife Photo Workshops
3.5 Days All Inclusive Photo Shoot at the Santa Clara Ranch
and surrounding areas.
November 7-11, 2018 - Session 1 - 3 Spots Available
November 14-18, 2018 - Session 2 - 4 Spots Available
The Rio Grande Valley is becoming one of the premier hotspots for nature photographers in the country. It has been a world class destination for birders and bird photographers (with over 500 bird species documented in the area) for many years. The "Valley", as we locals call it, is also known for its variety in reptiles (over 150 species documented) and mammals (150+ species live here).
Join Hector D. Astorga for 3 1/2 days of photography and instruction. Hector, who is also the ranch manager, has been photographing and guiding for photographers at the Santa Clara for over 8 years. During the workshop we will target all the South Texas resident birds and raptors. Green Jays, Golden-fronted Woodpeckers, Thrashers, Quail, Audubon Orioles, and many others will be our targets. We will also target raptors at the ranch's two raptor blinds. Crested Caracara, Harris Hawk, and Turkey and Black Vultures frequent the raptor blinds at the ranch. We will also travel to neighboring counties to photograph white-tail deer. Big antler bucks are plenty in the areas that we will target. This time of year the bucks are looking great as they start to get ready for the rut. We will photograph on foot and from our vehicles. Wild Turkey is also a possibility at the location where we will photograph deer.
Lodging will be at the Santa Clara guesthouse. The house is a modern fully equipped home that can accomodate up to 8 people comfortably. The house has four bedrooms and 2 full baths for guests to use. All 3 meals will be provided by the Santa Clara Ranch. For more information on the guesthouse click here.
Cost of Photo Tour - $2000.00 per photographer (double occupancy)*
- Lodging at the Santa Clara Guesthouse for 3 days and 3 nights.
- All meals (catered) and non-alcoholic beverages during your stay.
(except lunch during the deer photoshoot).
- Photographic Instruction to help you maximize your stay and improve your photographic knowledge.
- All applicable taxes.
Does not include:
- Transportation to and from the ranch and to the deer photoshoot location (we will carpool to this location).
- Alcoholic Beverages
* Please note that ranch lodging is very comfortable, but restricted to 3 doubles. Sharing of bedrooms and bathrooms necessary—all part of the adventure! For more info on the lodging visit our lodging page at www.santaclararanch.com/guesthouse.html. Single rooms might be available but unlikely. Call us for information.
We are limiting the number of photographers to 4 so you can get our full attention and have unlimited exclusive access to the blinds during your stay.
Session 1 - Nov. 7-11, 2018 - 3 Spots Available
Session 2 - Nov. 14-18, 2018 - 4 Spots Available
Deposit can be paid via PAYPAL (plus 3% fees) by clicking here:
or by mailing a U.S. Check or Money Order Payable to:
Hector D. Astorga
2510 Dove Avenue
Mission, TX 78574
Deposits & Cancellation Policy:
- A $1000 deposit is required at the time of enrollment with full payment due by September 10, 2018.
- Deposit and tuition fees are non-refundable.
- If the photo workshop is full and someone from the waiting list can take your spot, your tuition is fully refundable minus a 15% cancellation fee.
- We are not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other reasons.
- Should cancellation be required due to severe weather, an alternate date will be scheduled at no additional charges.
- No fees will be refunded if you withdraw after the photo workshop begins.
- We are not responsible for any fees associated with non-refundable air travel, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.