2018 UGANDA MOUNTAIN GORILLAS
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
August 24-30, 2018 - 2 spots available
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in the south western part of Uganda covering an area of 321 km2 and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The forest lies at an altitude between 1160 m -2607 m above sea level and is famous for being home to over 300 mountain gorillas. We will bring you face to face with the massive giants of Bwindi as you embark on the gorilla trek in the jungles of Bwindi. The experience is like no other, looking in the eye of a gorilla especially the silverback with its suspicious protective look.
During this trip we will visit the gorillas 3 times. Giving you ample of chances to photograph these gentle giants. Once you arrive at the gorillas you are allowed to spend one hour with them. It will be one of the most intense photo taking experience you will ever have.
- Planned Itinerary
- Day 1 - Arrive Entebbe, Uganda
- Day 2 - In country flight to Kisoro.
Golden Monkey Trek.
Overnight at Bwindi National Park
- Day 3 - 1st Gorilla Trek.
- Day 4 - 2nd Gorilla Trek.
- Day 5 - 3rd Gorilla Trek.
- Day 6 - In country flight back to Entebbe. Afternoon visit to Chimpanzee Island on Lake Victoria.
- Day 7 - Depart Entebbe. End of Tour.
Photo Tour / Workshop Details
$7700 USD per photographer (double occupancy)
Single Room Supplement - $600 USD
Number of Participants
Limited to 6 Photographers
2 Spots Available
Physical Level - Moderate
Treks can be an easy 1-2 hour hike or a difficult 6-8 hour hike, depending on location of gorillas. Participants must be in good physical condition able to hike in higher altitudes for long durations.
- All in country flights within Uganda.
- Accomodations at the finest lodges / tent camps. All with in suite facilities.
- Full board accommodations whilst on Safari.
- All meals (excludes drinks).
- Bottled water during game drives and gorilla treks.
- All transfers from airport, hotels, lodges and tented camps.
- 3 Gorilla Trek permits.
- Membership in the Flying Doctors Program / East Africa.
- All applicable taxes.
Does not include:
- Airfare to and from Entebbe, Uganda.
- Passport and Uganda Entry Visa fee ($50 USD)
- Bottled drinks w/ meals.
- Items of personal nature, such as laundry, phone calls, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, etc.
- Gratuities for local guide / trek porters / drivers.
We are limiting the number of photographers to 6 so you can get our full attention and be very comfortable at all shooting locations and during transport with your photo gear.
A $3000 deposit is required at the time of enrollment with full payment due by April 1, 2018.
*** RECEIVE A $500 DISCOUNT WHEN SIGNING UP FOR BOTH THE 2018 UGANDA MOUNTAIN GORILLAS AND THE 2018 KENYA PHOTO ADVENTURE TOUR ***
Deposit can be paid via PAYPAL (plus 3% fees) by clicking here:
or by mailing a U.S. Check or U.S. Money Order Payable to:
Hector D. Astorga
2510 Dove Avenue
Mission, TX 78574
Deposits & Cancellation Policy:
- A $3000 deposit is required at the time of enrollment with full payment due by April 1, 2018.
- Deposits and tour/workshop fees are non-refundable.
- If the photo workshop is full and someone from the waiting list can take your spot, your tuition is fully refundable minus a 15% cancellation fee.
- We are not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other reasons.
- Should cancellation be required due to severe weather, an alternate date will be scheduled at no additional charges.
- No fees will be refunded if you withdraw after the photo workshop begins.
- We are not responsible for any fees associated with non-refundable air travel, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
For more information or questions please contact Hector Astorga:
Phone: (956) 821-0701.