There are very few places in North America that offer up the diversity of wildlife opportunities as Yellowstone National Park in the winter. As the icy fingers of Old Man Winter begin to grip the region, and the snows return to this land, wildlife responds by pushing down into lower elevations and concentrating in certain key areas throughout the park. Animals that once ranged over several million acres in the warmer months can now be found is dense numbers as they begin the arduous task of simply staying alive through the legendary winters of the Yellowstone.
As the depth of winter closes in on the numerous prey species such as moose, elk, and bison, the hardships of this season and the trials of life for some in turn offer up the great feasts of winter for others. Winter is the season of the wolf. Gracefully floating upon the many feet of snow that bogs down and slows the larger mammals, wolves reach the top of their game in this world of white.
Winter in Yellowstone is the ultimate destination on the North American continent for wildlife photographers. This snow capped Serengeti is unrivaled by any other place in the hemisphere. Bison stand crusted in hoarfrost, wolves trot across the empty expanses of white, bobcats prowl the banks of rivers, elk concentrate in impossible numbers at times, coyotes and red fox leap through the air plunging face first into the snow after deeply hidden rodents, and bald eagles flock to the edge of the rivers in droves to take advantage easy picking along the banks of the geothermal heated waters flowing out of Yellowstone. This is wildlife photography at its best.
This workshop is quite different from others being offered to the area. First and foremost, our emphasis is on small group experiences with a 1:4 ratio of instructor to participants. This gives you unsurpassed personal attention while in the field and during midday discussions. You simply will not find this sort of experience anywhere else.
Photo Tour / Workshop Details
$5000 USD per photographer
3 Spots Available
Physical Level - Moderate
- Transportation during workshop.
- All applicable taxes.
Does not include:
- Airfare to and from Calgary or Edmonton, Canada.
- Transportation before and after workshop.
We are limiting the number of photographers to 8 so you can get our full attention and be very comfortable at all shooting locations and during transport with your photo gear.
Hector D. Astorga
2510 Dove Avenue
Mission, TX 78574
Deposits & Cancellation Policy:
- A $1000 deposit is required at the time of enrollment..
- Deposits and tour/workshop fees are non-refundable.
- If the photo workshop is full and someone from the waiting list can take your spot, your tuition is fully refundable minus a 15% cancellation fee.
- We are not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other reasons.
- Should cancellation be required due to severe weather, an alternate date will be scheduled at no additional charges.
- No fees will be refunded if you withdraw after the photo workshop begins.
- We are not responsible for any fees associated with non-refundable air travel, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
For more information or questions please contact Hector Astorga:
Phone: (956) 821-0701.